We are currently closed
We will be re-opening mid July 2017 For our sunflower field and u-pick sunflowers as well as Blueberry picking and wagon rides. So plan ahead that before beach season comes, come get some yummy berries and beautiful sunflowers.
We will be posting daily hours as the time nears. Thank You.
This dish is a wonderful side dish for your favorite grilled meat and is super easy to prepare.
2 1/2 cups - your favorite summer veggies (sliced or cubed) - summer squash, zucchini, peppers, onions, eggplant, maybe even cherry tomatoes!
1/4 cup favorite Italian dressing*
1. Wash and cut the vegetables.
2. Place vegetables in a refrigerator safe container and pour dressing over top. Let stand in refrigerator 4-6 hours, or over night.
3. Set grill on low. Place veggies in a grilling basket or on top of foil with edges turned up. Cook on low to medium heat for 25 -30 minutes, depending on how tender you like the vegetables. Remove from basket/foil and place in a serving bowl , this will allow the juices to remain when serving.
*Use 1/4 cup dressing for every 2 1/2 cups of vegetables used.
This sauce is a simple, yet delicious addition to your morning pancakes, waffles or crepes!
2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1. Place blueberries in a small sauce pan. Cook over low heat. Add sugar and stir slowly, trying not to crush blueberries.
2. Mix together orange juice and cornstarch until dissolved; then pour over blueberries.
3. Slowly stir blueberry sauce until it comes to a gentle boil. Be careful not to crush the berries; on low heat let sauce simmer for 5 minutes. Allow sauce to cool, then add your favorite breakfast dish!
* If allowed to cool completely, this is a great accompaniment to yogurt and granola!
This recipe is an old family tradition. It can be made a little tart or very sweet - add a little whipped cream or ice cream and WOW; what a treat!
4- 4 1/2 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar (depends on how sweet you like it)
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup milk
1. In a large saucepan, mix blueberries, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and water; let come to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. While waiting; mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; slice or cut in the butter until flour mix is crumble-like. Add milk and stir quickly.
3. Drop onto simmering blueberries by spoonfuls. Place cover on pot and let simmer for 10 minutes on low. Be patient - don't lift the lid. Let sit for 5 minutes or so, then place "slump" and blueberries into bowl. Serve warm with whipped cream or allow to cool a little longer and add ice cream!